Movie website Sequels Prequels is reporting that there’s a Hollywood rumour doing the rounds that Bradley Cooper might be in the running to take Harrison Ford’s iconic hat and whip combo from him, for the next Indiana Jones movie.
With Ford now in his seventies and the franchise in Disney’s ownership it would make sense for the company to wipe the slate clean and start a fresh with a possible new trilogy. Business is business after all. The good news is Frank Darabont has written a script for Indy 5, but Cooper as Dr Jones just doesn’t make sense to us. In fact we can think of five more suitable replacements for the role.
1. Natha Fillion, (Firefly, Castle) – Cocky, extremely witty, only downside is he’s put a few pounds on of late, (haven’t we all), but that’s nothing a few kettlebell sessions wouldn’t fix.
2. Thomas Jane, (The Punisher, The Mist) – Also witty, has a history of doing his own stunts and has worked with Frank Darabont before.
3. Joel Edgerton, (Warrior, The Great Gatsby) – He’s already worked on a Star Wars movie and loves the physical side of acting. Has that rough and ready look firmly nailed down.
4. Chris Pratt, (Parks & Rec, Gaurdians Of The Galaxy), – Full of comedic talent which would come in handy for the one liners and isn’t afraid to throw himself around.
5. Idris Elba, (Luther, Pacific Rim) – Just imagine Elba in that role. Go on, realise just how f**king good he’d be as Indiana Jones.
For the full story on this development chart a course for HERE.